Documents Needed to Ship a Vehicle !

What documents do I need to ensure the smooth shipping of my vehicle to Africa or wherever else you’re sending it? The paperwork process can seem overwhelming at first but it’s really not. We assist you in all phases and guide you every step of the way to make sure your vehicle gets to its destination safely, on time and in an efficient manner. The last thing you – or we – want is for there to be a hold up at the destination port. That’s why we offer help in obtaining all the right documentation.


First and foremost, you’ll need an original Certificate of Title of Ownership, without any liens recorded on the title. You should have this on hand. If not, obtain it from your local department of motor vehicles. If the vehicle is used or pre-owned, the existing Certificate of Title can be endorsed by the seller to the new owner. Keep in mind, proof of export will be given to the seller if requested, with no sales tax payable to the seller. In addition, you may need a Bill of Sale or a Notarized Bill of Sale, depending on which port the vehicle is scheduled to sail from.

We will handle the clearance for you in the United States, you will get back all documents that you provided for US Customs clearance of your vehicle, sent to you after the vessel has sailed. Or, you could opt to have them mailed via the post office or FedEx. So there it is in a nutshell. Easy, right? We think so. And again, we help you with every step of the process, so don’t ever feel like you’re on your own.

Website Pin Facebook Twitter Myspace Friendfeed Technorati Digg Google StumbleUpon Premium Responsive

Leave a Reply